[asterisk-users] audio disappeared after ztdummy install

Norman W. Franke norman at myasd.com
Sun Mar 30 13:35:03 CDT 2008

All too common and largely undocumented. I had this same problem.

Installing ztdummy changes Asterisk to use it for timing of playback,
apparently. Removing ztdummy "fixed" the problem. To get it all to
work, I had to upgrade to to at least kernel 2.6.23.11 (previous
versions are either missing options are just broken.) After doing
this, I recompiled ztdummy and it worked. Note that you need to
enable the various and random kernel flags to make this work,
generally dealing with the high-performance timer. I enabled:

HPET Timer Support
Enhanced Real Time Clock Support
HPET - High Precision Event Timer
HPET Control RTC IRQ
Allow mmap of HPET

I'm not sure if you can eliminate some of those, but this works for
me and is stable.

Norman Franke
ASD, Inc.
www.myasd.com