[asterisk-users] Langugae issue

Mike Trest - Personal Mike at Trest.COM
Sun Mar 30 12:12:43 CDT 2008

Tzafrir, Anselm, and others.  Thanks for your comments on my
suggestion to Ayman.

As one who is "familiar, but not-native speaker" with Arabic, Hebrew,
and several other classical Semitic family languages,  it would
require much more time to try to fit those into the linear structure
of SAY.CONF  than to deal with it in a directly parsed manner.  I can
say the same for some Asian languages too.  The results would
recognized but would not be culturally acceptable.

OFF TOPIC COMMENTS:
I am constantly amazed at cross-language translations that try to
follow the western language standards in computerized
applications.  Historically, the use of numbers came relatively late
to western languages.   While I am proud to be an American (as well
as a computer-geek), I have crossed the multi-lingual &
multi-cultural barriers many years back!
END OFF TOPIC COMMENTS.

..mike..