[asterisk-users] New Tutorial: Asterisk on EPIA VIA C3

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 06:03:59 CDT 2008

Lenz wrote:
> Hello list,
> after spending the best part of an afternoon trying to build Asterisk on
> an old EPIA VIA C3, I thought that writing a tutorial would make life
> easier for future compilers:
>
> http://astrecipes.net/index.php?n=356
>
> I had never compiled Asterisk for a different architecture, and I'm pretty
> disappointed at how complex it is - building Zaptel, Libpri and Asterisk
> requires discovering three different procedures, and even passing the
> required architecture to the autoconfig module was not enough for a clean
> build - libpthread and libresolv would not link, so you have to add them
> manually. Aybody got an idea of who should be notified of this immediate
> problem, apart for the time-wasteful general compilation procedure?
>
> Thanks
> l.

Hi there,

I didn't find it too much trouble in a Via C700N system. But I wouldn't
use one of the mainstream distros for the OS. They chew up system
resources just trying to accommodate "any" hardware.

The solution is to roll-your-own. See this series of articles on my
blog... http://www.theopensourcerer.com/tag/asterisk/

Cheers

Al

--