[asterisk-users] voicemail custom greeting

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Mar 28 18:26:10 CDT 2008

Mark Quitoriano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a wav file recording that i want to use on my voicemail, how
> can i set this up?
>
> thanks!

You could save it to your asterisk voicemail directory, which is often
something like:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/your_context/your_voicemailbox_number

The files used are unavail.*, busy.*, and greet.* -- Asterisk will
choose the easiest-to-deal-with sound format when playing the files, so
that's why there's threeish of each (WAV, wav, and gsm on my box).  In
my experience, I just delete the two extra ones and asterisk just
makes-do with what it's got :)

Moj