[asterisk-users] Had it with Dell Garbage - HP Question

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Mar 27 11:20:17 CDT 2008

On 08:02, Thu 27 Mar 08, Al Baker wrote:
> How do you get notifications ?
> Is this thru one of the add on packages HP sells for the box ?  Which One ?
> Could you be more specific about what you mean by a "recovery CD"
> and hod do you get console access below multi used to do "recovery ??
>
> What is "integrated ILO BIOS Access" sounds cool.
>
> What O/S you usin and what made you pick it ?
>
> What kind and how many RAIDS are you using. The HP site gave like 8
> different RAID controllers and like 20 CPUs to chose from.  How did you
> chose ?
>
> Thx for sharing !!!

I'm not the op, but sending a reply anyways.

The notifications come from the HP tools you can download
for free from their website.

The recovery cd is probably a selfmade installer for their
setup. At least that's what we have.

the ILO stuff is to give you access to the box like you were
sitting right in front of it with a physical keyboard and
monitor, but over IP.
You can boot the machine, access the cd in your local
machine etc, even if the box is on the other side of the
moon.

We use Debian. HP even supports it on their DL380 boxen.

We use the P400 raid controller. Setup RAID5 with 3 disks.
CPU we use right now is the Intel E5405

Hope this helps a bit.

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"