[asterisk-users] DTMF suddenly stopped working on SIP channel

David Nedved david_nedved at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 10:13:18 CDT 2008

--- Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

> Inband only works with the ulaw and alaw codecs.

I think you might be onto something here.  I don't have any explicit
allow or disallow lines, just taking the defaults.  I've got plenty of
bandwidth and CPU, I'm much more concerned about calls going through.
Without knowing what codecs my provider uses and not seeing anything
specific in the logs, is there a setting that would be better than
default for reliability?

I had originally set to inband for outgoing calls because the default
wasn't working for dialing into voicemail systems, etc.  Switching to
inband fixed the outgoing DTMF issue and incoming worked fine for
months until earlier this week.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best regards,

David