[asterisk-users] Playing sound while talking

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:37:09 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Artifex Maximus <artifexor at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Is it possible play background sounds while talking?
>
>  I would like to make an outgoing campaign with the possibility playing
>  sounds in background by command. But the extra is I would like to
>  choose which sound to be played. In short operator calls a number,
>  talking to callee and sometimes play different sound (for example
>  different music) in background which should be interruptible and then
>  ask questions from callee. Is it possible? If yes from which version
>  number? I have an "old" 1.2 system at this time. I am using Asterisk
>  1.2.10 on Fedora Core 4 now. Looking for plain Asterisk solution and
>  no commercial offers please.
>
>  Any idea is welcome. Thanks in advance.
OK, I had found applicationmap in features.conf. Is there any way for
playing sound on both (caller, callee) side? Is there any solution for
playing some sound on caller side because caller does not hear
anything while sound is playing by applicationmap and have no clue
when it will reach the end.

bye,