[asterisk-users] SPA400 vs Rhino/Digium card

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Mar 27 03:25:15 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:58 AM, Juan Antonio Ibañez Santorum
<juanito1982 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm a new member in VoIP world. I want to implement a VoIP PBX using
> asterisk/tribox in the office but I have one doubt. Which is the best way to
> use actual PSTN lines in the VoIP PBX? Using a box as Linksys SPA400 or
> installing a PCI card (Rhino/Digium...) into the server? Which
> benefits/problems will I have with each option?

Older Digium cards had issues with IRQ's where Sangoma did not.  If
this is just a small installation.  Go for onboard EC purchase more
ports than you need (provides further upgrade path down the road.

I have tested both the Digium and Sangoma four port PCI cards and
without looking at the card itself, they both have high quality
products.  This is coming from a guy that was anti-Digium hardware
since day one.

By giving Digium a second try on all of their TDM products, I have
found that they have done a great job in improving their product line.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro