[asterisk-users] BLF and Snom phones

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 26 07:22:02 CDT 2008

24 mar 2008 kl. 06.10 skrev asterisk at anime.net:
> maybe the objections to this patch should have been raised *2 years
> ago*?

I've objected to the architecture of the patch for a long time, but
not the functionality.
The functionality is a requirement in many PBX installations.

I still think we will have to implement SIP call pickup and most of
the needed mechanics
actually exist in 1.4 with the new SIP transfer code. I got funding to
start a rewrite of this last
summer, but lost that customer when I got problems with my back and
had to stay offline
a lot of time.

I still have a lot of that code somewhere in the svn repository, in
one of my branches.

The idea was to be able to pickup any channel in Asterisk - so even if
you subscribed to
an IAX or ZAP phone, you should be able to pick up the call by
pressing the lamp. And this
was done without a channel walk for every NOTIFY. The only channel
walk was done when
we actually got the pickup from the phone.

I don't remember how much work is left, but I got pretty far. Would be
fun if someone is
interested in sponsoring this work to completion. If so, mail me off
list.

/O
----
Asterisk SIP Masterclass * Orlando Florida, April 21-25
Register today - http://edvina.net