[asterisk-users] Dialing off-hook with Polycom SoundPoint IP 430

Brig C. McCoy Brig.McCoy at tkaccess.com
Wed Mar 26 08:18:40 CDT 2008

Hi...

I've been fighting this for a while now, trying clean builds of Asterisk
1.14.18, 1.14.19rc3, and then 1.6 Beta 6 today.

No workee. :-(

Here's the results for various calls made off-hook (push the blue
Speakerphone button on the Polycom 430):

988852700 - Phone waits for me to either hit the soft-key "Send" or
"EndCall". If I hit "Send", it dials through with no problem.

98168852700 - Before I get the last "0" pressed, the phone presents me
with a second dial tone and a prompt at the top of the screen, "Enter
more digits". Asterisk console presents

"== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5"

917852963296 - Before I get the "96" pressed, results as immediately
above.

If I dial these numbers with the phone on-hook, and press "dial" they
work fine.

If I modify my dialplan to remove the dial nine requirement, all three
methods of dialing out, off-hook, work fine...although I do have to
press "Send" when dialing 8852700.

The seemingly relevant portion of the dialplan is as follows:

;********************************************************************

; BEGIN - Outbound Call Handling

;********************************************************************

          ;

[outbound-local]

     exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK0}/${EXTEN:1})

     exten => _9NXXXXXX,n,Congestion()

     exten => _9NXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

     exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK0}/${EXTEN:1})

     exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,n,Congestion()

     exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

     exten => 911,1,Dial(${TRUNK0}/911)

     exten => 9911,1,Dial(${TRUNK0}/911)

[outbound-long-distance]

     exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK0}/${EXTEN:1})

     exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Congestion()

     exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

[hang-up]

          ; Hang up

          ;

     exten => s,1,Playback(thank-you-for-calling)

     exten => s,n,Playback(goodbye)

     exten => s,n,Hangup()

          ;

          ;

;********************************************************************

; END - Outbound Call Handling

;*******************************************************************

The only difference between the Asterisk versions is the presence on the
Asterisk console of an error message with Asterisk 1.4.18 and 1.4.19rc3,
which is similar to the one noted on the forums: "NOTICE[6145]:
chan_sip.c:13795 handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate user
"6000" <sip:6000 at 10.10.xxx.xxx>;tag=whatever it was" I do not see that
error message on the Asterisk console for 1.6 Beta 6.

The forums note which seems in the neighborhood is at

http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=63872&sid=aff61bbd5ddeea61bc831
239b220db23

Anyone have any bright ideas on what might be wrong and/or
troubleshooting tips?

...brig

Please direct emails to ITHelpDesk at tkaccess.com
<blocked::mailto:ITHelpDesk at tkaccess.com>  or call 816-767-5549. This
will help with issues getting full exposure to the dept and allow for
the quickest response.

Brig C. McCoy

IT Help Desk

ThyssenKrupp Access Corporation

4001 East 138th Street

Grandview, MO 64030 USA

Phone: +1 816-767-5577

Fax:       +1 816-765-6459

Email: Brig.McCoy at tkaccess.com <mailto:Brig.McCoy at tkaccess.com>

Internet: www.tkaccess.com <http://www.tkaccess.com/>   www.thelev.com
<http://www.thelev.com>

"Committed to Improving the Quality of Life. ThyssenKrupp Access, the
world's most trusted name in
accessibility and home elevator solutions"

As you are aware, messages sent by e-mail can be manipulated by third parties. For this reason our e-mail messages are usually not legally binding. This electronic message (including any attachments) contains confidential information and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the intended addressee only. Please be aware that any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.