[asterisk-users] SIP Domain Authentication

Robert Norton - SophTelecom LLC robert.norton at sophtelecom.com
Tue Mar 25 14:31:18 CDT 2008

Hey List,

I'm trying to work out a resolution for domain based SIP authentication. We
are working on a virtual PBX type product and want to allow username
overlaps on separate domains so that joe.blow at domain1.com and
joe.blow at domain2.com are entirely separate of each other. I've found this
possible solution (have yet to try to accomplish this):
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-February/018502.html

Are there any better options out there? Am I approaching this incorrectly?

I've searched around on Google for quiet a while, and have yet to yield any
relevant results, besides the above. Does the realm have any relevance with
this?

Thanks

-Robert