[asterisk-users] Slightly OT: Getting VOIP number into phone book

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Mar 25 13:56:08 CDT 2008

Lacy Moore wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Jiffy Slides Leonard Burton
> <service at jiffyslides.com> wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> We need to get our number into the White Pages.
>>
>> Has anyone here actually tried it?
>>

> It's not just Voip numbers.  We've got a PRI from XO that (even though
> they say otherwise) we can't white pages listings (reliably) or yellow
> pages.  We've had to purchase analog AT&T lines just to be listed.
> When our contract is up, it's back to AT&T we go.
>
> I think that is one of the biggest things that businesses overlook
> when switching to Voip.  It's hard to get in the directories.
>
> Good luck!

This is actually something we're trying to fix over at VoIPMagnet.com
We've had some good feedback on the beta, and we're developing
additional features to make it easier to group numbers together under a
business and/or personal listing as well as being a repository for where
to look up VoIP accounts that aren't strictly phone numbers.

Of course, people would have to use it for it to be worthwhile. But feel
free to try it out and comment on the beta. With enough feedback and
criticism, I'm sure we can create sort of the ideal free lookup spot.

It's always bit a source of consternation not being able to get our own
data into the usual white pages business listings, which is why we set
about building this.

N.