[asterisk-users] Have problem with realtime sql

mark morreny markmorreny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:43:02 CDT 2008

Hi,
I am having a strange problem with attempting to get voicemail-to-mysql to
work.
The biggest problem is that I am not able to store voicemail into database.
So, I followed the
instructor found on the web:

Updated the /usr/src/asterisk/apps/Makefile to have
USE_MYSQL_VM_INTERFACE=1 and recompiled asterisk, with
make clean; make; make install

(By the way, is it necessary to update the Makefile for Asterisk 1.4.18?)

After "make install", I got some warning messages:

 Your Asterisk modules directory, located at
 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
 contains modules that were not installed by this
 version of Asterisk. Please ensure that these
 modules are compatible with this version before
 attempting to run Asterisk.

    app_addon_sql_mysql.so
    app_saycountpl.so
    cdr_addon_mysql.so
    chan_ooh323.so
    format_mp3.so
    res_config_mysql.so

Is this the problem that causing Asterisk not able to store voicemessages to
mysql?  If so, how do I fix it?