[asterisk-users] force soft hangup

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 05:32:18 CDT 2008

How can I "force" soft hangup (if that makes sense)?

"show channels" reveals a stale sip channel. It's of
an analog phone behind a Grandstream ATA which was
communicating with another SIP softphone. The latter
crashed. A soft hangup of the softphone seems to have
worked but it doesn't for the analog/ATA phone. "show
hints" also shows that it's InUse. But of course it
isn't and noone can contact this extension since I
disabled call waiting for it (I also rebooted the ATA
and forced re-registration of the ATA SIP client).

So how can I "kill" this channel without restarting
the asterisk daemon?