[asterisk-users] Redirect and free the channel

mark morreny markmorreny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:16:45 CDT 2008

Dear friends,

I have a question about Asterisk usage.  Is there anyway to configure
Asterisk in such a way that once a call is forwarded out 1: to land line; or
2: to another SIP server, then the channel will be released and free up?
The senarior is let's say I have an incoming ISDN line with limited
channels, when all my lines are busy, I can leave one channel always open to
redirect calls.  For those redirect calls, the channel can be freed up
again.

Is this something that can be done with the existing Asterisk functionality?

Thanks,
Mark