[asterisk-users] Access rights between AGI and Web server?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Mar 24 21:27:53 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:05:23AM +0100, Vincent wrote:
> Hello
>
> 	I run AGI scripts from extensions.conf to save data into an SQLite
> database file, but this file must also be accessible in read-write
> mode by PHP scripts served by Lighttpd.
>
> As far as I can tell, Asterisk runs by default as root:wheel. I don't
> know if AGI scripts also run as root:wheel.

This is a ptential problem on its own.

Asterisk should run as asterisk:asterisk.

There should be a third group (say, wwwast) that both asterisk and www
should be its members. And you should chown/chmod the directory holding
the sqlite db (and the db itself) to be writable to members of that group.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com