[asterisk-users] SIP carrier billing technicalities

Tom Moore tmoore at issvsat.com
Mon Mar 24 19:00:42 CDT 2008

I'm not exactly sure how this works myself either.
Most sip providers charge based on the destination you are calling. I'm not
sure how providers do this if they have different rates for local area and
national calling areas.
I would assume that if you have say a 212 did if you set the caller id
string to a 212 number and have a local calling area of 212 that since those
both match the provider would give you the call for free.
I could be wrong though.

Tom