[asterisk-users] Access rights between AGI and Web server?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 24 16:09:17 CDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:09:00 -0800, "Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC"
<mojo at horanappraisals.com> wrote:
>Now, that was run under a webserver. right? not under asterisk as an
>AGI?  I thought we were expecting to see root:wheel :)

Yup, sorry about: I forgot to say that I use a single SQLite database
to share data between Asterisk and some PHP scripts.

Found what it was: Even if a file is set to 664 and owned by the right
user, the _directory_ in which the file lives has precedence. In this
case, I just chowned it to root:www, and chmoded it to 664:

[/usr/local/share/asterisk/agi-bin]# ll
drwxrwxr-x  3 root  www      512 Mar 24 22:05 .
drwxr-xr-x  9 root  wheel    512 Mar 14 08:05 ..
-rw-rw-r--  1 www   www     3072 Mar 24 22:05 test.sqlite

Learned something new today. Thanks for the help.