[asterisk-users] G723 on asterisk 1.4.1

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Mar 23 22:34:11 CDT 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008 16:53:57 Martin wrote:
> Download an appropriate binary from
> <url removed>
> and just drop into /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/
> add allow=g723 to your sip.conf as necessary and restart asterisk...
> Im only not sure how legal is this, you will probably need to obtain
> licenses for all concurent channels...

It is completely illegal in any country that recognizes patents.  Please do
NOT discuss ways to use unlicensed codecs on this list or any other forum
provided by Digium.  This has been discussed multiple times as to why not,
and I don't feel like rehashing the argument again.

If the people providing this information do not stop using the Digium-provided
forums for this, they could lose their privileges to post to this list.  I'm
sorry for being so heavy-handed on this, but contributory infringement is a
very real (and VERY expensive) possible outcome of providing this information,
which is why the information has been removed in the past from the archives.

--
Tilghman