[asterisk-users] Access rights between AGI and Web server?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Mar 23 21:08:37 CDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Vincent wrote:

> 	I run AGI scripts from extensions.conf to save data into an SQLite
> database file, but this file must also be accessible in read-write
> mode by PHP scripts served by Lighttpd.
>
> As far as I can tell, Asterisk runs by default as root:wheel. I don't
> know if AGI scripts also run as root:wheel.

On BSD? On my CentOS box, Asterisk runs as root:root. Since AGI's are
separate processes created by Asterisk, they also run as root:root.

> Lighttpd runs as www:www, and if I create a new SQLite database
> through PHP scripts, they're created as www:wheel.
>
> What do you recommend I do so both AGI scripts and PHP scripts can
> work with a common SQLite file? Should I run Asterisk as www:www,
> www:wheel? Something else?

Since the AGI is already running as root, why can't it access the SQLite
data file?

Try creating /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/test containing:

#!/bin/bash

 	set >/tmp/test

Execute "chmod +x /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/test" so it can be executed.
Cobble up a dialplan to execute "agi(test)."

What does

 	ls -l /tmp/test

look like?

Mine looks like:

 	-rw-r--r--  1 root root 623 Mar 23 18:51 /tmp/test

What does

 	cat /tmp/test

look like?

Mine looks like:

 	BASH=/bin/bash
 	BASH_ARGC=()
 	BASH_ARGV=()
 	BASH_LINENO=([0]="0")
 	BASH_SOURCE=([0]="/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/test")
 	BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="3" [1]="00" [2]="15" [3]="1" [4]="release" [5]="i686-redhat-linux-gnu")
 	BASH_VERSION='3.00.15(1)-release'
 	DATABASE-DATABASE=
 	DATABASE-PASSWORD=
 	DATABASE-SERVER=
 	DATABASE-USER=
 	DIRSTACK=()
 	EUID=0
 	GROUPS=()
 	HOST=foo
 	HOSTNAME=foo.sedwards.com
 	HOSTTYPE=i686
 	IFS=$' \t\n'
 	MACHTYPE=i686-redhat-linux-gnu
 	OPTERR=1
 	OPTIND=1
 	OSTYPE=linux-gnu
 	PATH=/usr/local/bin/:/bin/
 	PPID=8435
 	PS4='+ '
 	PWD=/tmp
 	SHELL=/bin/bash
 	SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:hashall:interactive-comments
 	SHLVL=1
 	TERM=dumb
 	UID=0
 	_=/bin/bash