[asterisk-users] G723 on asterisk 1.4.1

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Mar 23 07:44:23 CDT 2008

The only messages I have EVER seen Digium remove from the mailing list
archives are discussions about this unlicensed codec.

Martin wrote:
> Download an appropriate binary from
> [url removed]
> and just drop into /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/
> add allow=g723 to your sip.conf as necessary and restart asterisk...
> Im only not sure how legal is this, you will probably need to obtain
> licenses for all concurent channels...
> Martin

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.