[asterisk-users] Anyone used Siemens SIP/Dect phones?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Mar 23 07:02:40 CDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Robert Lister wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 09:39:47PM -0000, Chris Bagnall wrote:
>> Canÿÿt comment on the C460, but the S450 definitely doesn't have these issues:
>>
>>> - No SIP call transfer feature (that I can find)
>>
>> Hit "ext call" during a call, create a new call, then you can SIP
>> transfer between them.
>
> Where is that? I don't seem to get that option. What I want is an announced
> call transfer to another SIP device.

The only way I've found with the Siemens that I have is to use the
asterisk native features - So edit features.conf appropriately, I have:

[general]
xfersound            = beep     ; to indicate an attended transfer is complete
xferfailsound        = beeperr  ; to indicate a failed transfer
transferdigittimeout =   8      ; Number of seconds to wait between digits when transfering a call
featuredigittimeout  = 999      ; Max time (ms) between digits for activation. Default is 500

[featuremap]
blindxfer  => #1                ; Blind transfer
atxfer     => ##                ; Attended transfer
disconnect => #0                ; Disconnect

Then you need to make sure you use the 't' option in Dial() statements,
then you dial ##, asterisk says 'Transfer', then you dial the extension,
speak to them & hangup to make the transfer, or #0 to get back to the
original caller.

It's a PITA, but it works on all phones regardless of their own features,
buttons, etc. so I usually teach people that before the phone specific
stuff.

Gordon