[asterisk-users] Best alternative for getting prompts recorded.

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 23 04:22:15 CDT 2008

Maybe the Alison voice is better, but I've found Cepstral to be a bit
too mechanical.  I'm using Ceptral Millie (since a UK accent is more
acceptable in Australia than an American one)

The best TTS engine I've /ever/ run in to was Nuance Realspeak (see
http://www.nuance.com/realspeak/) though I don't believe it's cheap -
last time I looked it was a couple of hundred dollars per channel.  The
demo is back online after a long absence (though you do need to register
to use it)