[asterisk-users] Anyone used Siemens SIP/Dect phones?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sat Mar 22 11:50:39 CDT 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Alan Lord wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am close to purchasing some new DECT phones for our home office here
> in the UK.
>
> We use Asterisk and I am sorely tempted by the Siemens C475IP or the
> "soon-to-become-available-in-the-uk" S685IP.
>
> Both systems have great feature sets and, on-paper at least, look to be
> the bee's knees.
>
> Anyone got any skeletons on them?

I've deployed a number of Siemens C460IP's.

They're really good and coverage is excellent, but for one thing: They
base stations lose registration with the asterisk box after some time and
need rebooting. I've read that this affects the S450's too, but I've no
1st hand experience of them. I've emailled Siemens and posted on one of
their forums where others have experienced the same issues, but have
nothing back at all. I could live with the, if they had a remote reboot
facility, but they don't seem to.

I'd look at the Snom M3's but they're more expensive that my customers
will pay )-: And had a report of them being unstable too )-:

So for the time being I'm sticking to ATA's and cheap analogue DECT phones
for those customers who want them.

Gordon