[asterisk-users] Want to know Frequency and lenght of Frame

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Mar 21 17:51:02 CDT 2008

Zoa wrote:
> Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
>
>> Aren't all the frames in asterisk 20ms long, no exceptions?
>>
> Isn't ilbc the exception ?

Even though the ilbc codec likes multiples of 50 for its frame size (Is
this right?), I was under the impression that asterisk broke everything
down to 20ms slin samples internally, unless it was just directly
bridging two similarly-codeced channels.  I would imagine that Sanjay
meant zaptel hardware anyway, as the SIT is an in-band pattern meant for
our ears.  (I think that SIP would simply return  a cause code
out-of-band describing WHY the call failed, but would not pass any RTP
audio.)

Moj