[asterisk-users] ----www.cdsportal.net---- wholesale voipprovider --starting at 1.1 cent per min

Joshua Kinard jkinard at closeup.org
Fri Mar 21 12:37:18 CDT 2008

Piling on...

InterNIC says the domain was created almost a week ago, and expires in a year.  The registrar is GoDaddy.  The owner of the site is located in the Dominican Republic:

C/1ra #15
Costa Criolla, Km9 Carr. Sanchez
Santo Domingo, New York 00000
Dominican Republic

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CDSPORTAL.NET
Created on: 14-Mar-08
Expires on: 15-Mar-09
Last Updated on: 14-Mar-08

Administrative Contact:
Almonte, Juan jhalmonte at gmail.com
JHALMONTE
C/1ra #15
Costa Criolla, Km9 Carr. Sanchez
Santo Domingo, New York 00000
Dominican Republic
(809) 220-3278

Judging by the site's purported function, it's nothing more than a front for telemarketers, autodialers, and other ilk of the telephony industry to annoy normal people with.  How can you claim five 9's uptime when your domain isn't barely over a week old?  Well, I guess if the system hasn't crashed within that first week.  But that's hardly a valid measurement, unless you're comparing against Windows Millenium systems.

I call scam.

--J