[asterisk-users] Hardphone SIP phone costs

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Fri Mar 21 09:52:41 CDT 2008

John Faubion wrote:
>> are plenty of phones on the market which do SIP now - most
>> modern Nokias do. I use an E90 Communicator, but the E95 is
>> popular too, so I'm experimenting with using my mobile as my
>> "one" phone, via Wi-Fi/SIP when I'm in the home/office and
>
> Out of curiosity, how do these phones handle the transition from Wi-Fi to
> GSM? Is it seamless? Can the transition occur when on a call?

Not seamless unless the cell phone provider offers such a service.  You
won't find that available in the US.  So even though it's one phone,
you'd have 2 numbers.  Cell phone providers have no incentive to offer
such a hand-off because they wouldn't make any money on the calls after
they are handed over to the voip system.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC