[asterisk-users] BLF on Cisco 7970

Matthew Gibson mattgibson.ca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:10:00 CDT 2008

Hello All,

I've been trying to get BLF working with Asterisk 1.6-LatestBeta, and My
Cisco 7970 (Latest SIP Firmware).

Has anyone successfully completed this?

I got the patch to merge in from

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Presence+for+Cisco+79x1+Phones

With a bit of hackery to that code, it successfully compiled chan_sip for
me.

So, With 1.6 we have TCP Enabled on Asterisk, Phone functions and registers
fine. I think all that is left is the SEP<MAC>.xml configuration required
for BLF on the softkeys.

Can anyone else share some insights to this with me?

Also, Along the same lines, does anyone have documentation on what the
possible "FeatureID"'s are for the <line></line> configuration in the
SEP<MAC>.xml ?

So Far I know 9 shows a little phone, and 22 shows the Speed Dial keypad. I
don't want to try every possible number here just to find out though :)

Thanks,
Matt