[asterisk-users] BLF and Snom phones

Loic Didelot ldidelot at mixvoip.com
Thu Mar 20 12:53:13 CDT 2008

Hello,
I am having some troubles with Snom phones and maybe someone can help
me.

Let me say this: BLF and pickup works great with Polycomes and
Grandstream etc... So I think my problem might not be Asterisk related
but I am not 100% sure.

The snom phones subscribe to my extensions (hint priority) as expected.
The light blinks (ringing) or is turned on (in the call) as expected.

My problem is to pickup the call. If I press the button next to the
light the Snom phone doesnt do anything. It does not send a single
packet to the network. I checked with sniffers and in the phones log.

A manual dial to my pickup extension works of course.

If the light is not blinking or not turned on and I press the button the
phone dials the extension as it should.

My phone setup:
 - latest snom firmware
 - function key set to "Extension"  and content set to *7 which the
phone converts to <sip:*7 at 192.168.33.50;user=phone>
 - on my asterisk *7 is configured and works

Extensive googling and reading did not help. Any help is appreciated. I
tested on different SNOM phones and the same Problem everywhere.

Best regards,
Loic Didelot.