[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Mar 20 10:49:21 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:10:21AM -0400, Norman Franke wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2008, at 12:59 AM, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
> wrote:
>
> > Sure some others on here may disagree, but I am also over on the
> >trixbox
> >forums, and have often seen talk about the 2.6.9 kernel having
> >interrupt
> >issues, and such that cause asterisk issues.  One reason I think
> >they moved
> >forward into the CentOS 5.x stuff, so they got the 2.6.18 kernel,
> >which I am
> >told works much better, and doesn't have the issues the old kernel
> >did.
>
> I've also found that I can't get ztdummy working on anything less
> than 2.6.23.11. Previous versions seem to have a broken RTC.

RTC? on kernel 2.6.23? It should not be used in kernel >= 2.6.22 if
CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS is enabled.

Also note that on kernel 2.6.9 you have HZ=1000 and thus ztdummy works
quite differently. This is not the same issue as interrupts of PCI
devices.

(not to mention that hotplug on CentOS 4 is strange. And earlier
CentOS4 versions had a plain broken USB stack).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com