[asterisk-users] hint status unavailable

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 20 08:00:11 CDT 2008

20 mar 2008 kl. 09.32 skrev Stefan Schmidt:

> hello,
>
> i am trying to set up a asterisk server (version 1.2.26 by now) with
> realtime configuration but the user shouldnt register directly to the
> server, instead i have set up a ser registration proxy. Everything
> works
> fine so far, but i can´t use the hint feature. Its possible to
> subscribe
> to a given hint, but the status is allways unavailable and also i dont
> get a notify.
>
> Could someone help me finding a solution for this problem? I want to
> get
> notifies for hints where the user isnt registered on the asterisk
> itself.

That is something we all want, but it doesn't work now unless you add
a third party software. I haven't seen anything that solves the issue,
but have
a few ideas.

The question here is how should one asterisk be able to know anything
about
devices it doesn't control? It's a pbx, not an artificial intelligence
software.

There is work going on in the development group to make it possible
to apply a message bus between Asterisk servers so that Asterisk
servers can share call states. When that is up and running and tested,
it will be part of a future Asterisk release.

So the answer in short is "not possible today", "maybe tomorrow"

Regards,
/olle

----
Edvina AB * Asterisk training * http://edvina.net
Asterisk SIP Masterclass * Orlando, FL, USA April 21-25 2008
OpenSER and Asterisk training - one week with the experts - register
today!