[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Wed Mar 19 19:08:18 CDT 2008

 Sure some others on here may disagree, but I am also over on the trixbox
forums, and have often seen talk about the 2.6.9 kernel having interrupt
issues, and such that cause asterisk issues.  One reason I think they moved
forward into the CentOS 5.x stuff, so they got the 2.6.18 kernel, which I am
told works much better, and doesn't have the issues the old kernel did.

 So not sure what all is causing your issues, but guess it's possible some of
them could be kernel related.  Threads like this over there talk about 2.6.9
kernel issues:

http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/open-discussion/2-3-0-3

 I am guessing this would apply to a general Asterisk install as well, my
apologies in advance if I am wrong on that one. Anyway I hadn't seen anyone
talk about issues with the 2.6.9 kernel, but with all the chatter on the other
forum, I figured it was at least worth a mention.  Overall the CentOS stuff
seems great, and a fairly decent base to run Asterisk from. Also CentOS 4.x is
up to 4.6 I believe, so sure lots of updates and fixes over the older 4.4
release...

---
Howard