[asterisk-users] Multiple sites, same extension

Aaron Fransen aaron.fransen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:01:50 CDT 2008

Finally got my Cisco Call Manager link going; what it turned out to be was
having the same extension on the Asterisk system and on the Call Manager
side of things. Changing the extension on one side fixed it. Which brings me
to...

I need to have the same extensions on two sites. So if I use an 8bbbeeee
dialing plan (8, then bbb location, then eeee extension), site 1 might dial:

8-099-2000

Site 2 might dial: 8-101-2000

A 2000 extension exists on both sides, however Asterisk doesn't seem to like
it and drops the call before it even hits the logging facility and send a
busy signal back to the caller.

I've tried a dialing plan like:

exten => _8101XXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},,r)

to no avail.

Thoughts everyone?