[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Wed Mar 19 15:38:42 CDT 2008

Senad Jordanovic wrote:
> However, I will say that it is not asterisk but people/company
> deploying it. Generally speaking after deployment, and as long
> users are "using" the system normally, no reboot is required.

I'm thinking part of the problem IS the company deploying
the "commercial" product we purchased.  I really like their GUI.
I'm an IT guy and I'd say out of the last 10 or so "issues" we
have had with the product, I'm the one that figured out why it
wasn't working correctly.  They had to fix it, (their code), but
I would see the symptoms and say "Hey, could it be this?".  I had one
email from their programmer that said "Good catch".  Well, thanks
for the Kudos, but why the hell am I paying an annual fee to
"catch" your bugs!

> And yes, running the whole thing from standard PC based "desktop" will
> eventually cause issues hence an solid state appliance is a way to go

We are on an server class machine and haven't really had any issues
I feel were related to hardware.  Alghough, I agree good hardware is
the key to "hardware" stability.

Thanks for the comments.

Bill