[asterisk-users] question on meetme

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Mar 19 13:12:45 CDT 2008

I am trying to use meetme() on SIP channels.
I found this line on voip-info.org

-------------
It *is* necessary either to have a Digium card or a dummy timing driver
(e.g. ztdummy or zaprtc) in order for MeetMe to work at all, but that
doesn't help you use AGI with SIP channels: They have no capacity to use
any AGI script at all. If they try to, they get no audio.

I am using 1.4.18 and I am hearing no audio. just like it says.
I do have a digium TDm800 card in my box.

Does asterisk 1.6beta have this same issue still????

How do people get around this issue? I am looking for a meetme
conferencing in a handful of phones,
call AGI to play a wave file then hangup....

My meetme is a pure SIP meetme.

Thanks,

Jerry