[asterisk-users] capacity

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Mar 19 12:21:08 CDT 2008

I use standard wav (most compatible with players) so about a meg a minute.

In my experience, most people (users) use their voicemail similar to
email, they keep everything.  Especially love struck college kids.  I
think Asterisk has a soft limit of 1,000 (maybe it is 999) messages as
the max per inbox that can be changed in source.

I suppose if you limit the max time allowed  and the max inbox limit
it might help but I think your 60GB estimate would be quite low in the
real world.

BUT, that is based on when I was in college and I was one of the very
few to have my own cell phone (dating myself a bit).  So in the real
world, I am not sure how much use the system would actually see.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro