[asterisk-users] How to configure Voice mail for multi users.

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Mar 19 10:39:22 CDT 2008

Mian M Asif wrote:
> Hi All,
> i want to configure voice mail on Asterisk 1.4 for multiple users. let
> me explain you the scenario.
>
> i have 10 users with the name of
> 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000,6000,.......and these user can call to each
> other. Now i want to configure separate voice mail box for separate
> user.
>
> my extensions.conf ..... settings below..
> [voicemail]
> exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
> exten => _X.,n,NoOp(Dial Status: ${DIALSTATUS})
> exten => _X.,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
>
> exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Background(vm-nobodyavail)
> exten => s-NOANSWER,n,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@usersmail)
> exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Hangup()

As I'm sure you know, ${EXTEN} is the value of the currently executing
extension, in the example above your line would be parsed as:
exten => s-NOANSWER,n,VoiceMail(s-NOANSWER at usersmail)  You would have
seen this if you were watching the Asterisk console when a call failed
to go to Voicemail.

Find some other way.  You could save the value of EXTEN in a different
variable before the Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1), but there are many, many,
many other ways.