[asterisk-users] capacity

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Mar 19 09:36:42 CDT 2008

And I can post a link that shows a bunch of guys think the earth is
flat with a 5/10 google ranking also (like the barf guys).
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

I usually just call my guy at CDW and give him my needs, he is a
former techie gone sales.  He puts together a quote and emails it to
me for approval.

I find HP server are very robust and rock solid at a decent price
point (IBM as well).  I like the 380 because you get six hot swap scsi
bays and redundant power supplies in a 2u profile, also, Digium and
Sangoma T1 cards have never given me an issue.

Many on this list love Supermicro, I have yet to try them but I will
in the near future.  I have not heard a single complaint, only rave
reviews.

I guess my original point was going for redundancy as far as storage
and power supplies with your dollar, not the fastest proc or maxed out
RAM that will not be needed.  Regardless of the actual hardware or
RAID setup, that is the angle I suggest you take.  4k - 6k students
will require quite a bit of storage.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro