[asterisk-users] Hardphone SIP phone costs

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Mar 18 22:29:58 CDT 2008

--Original Message Text---
From: Anciso, Roy
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:03:52 -0400

Hardphone SIP phone costs

Im trying to understand something that just  doesnt seem to compute.
How can companies  like Cisco justify selling their hard phones for as
much as they do? I know there is a matter of  recouping R&D costs but
when you look at the iPhone with all its amazing features for less than
$500.00 it just doesnt make sense.  Am I the only one that thinks
this?

Yep, Cisco phones cost a lot. Too much in my opinion. Do they work.
Yes, they work well. But as long as I can get Polycom and Aastra phones
that work as well or better why pay the Cisco premium?

I once heard a rumour that the Cisco phones were actually made by
Polycom for Cisco under contract. Not sure if that's true or not.

Michael

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com