[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 reliability problems

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:13:32 CDT 2008

On 3/18/08, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> "Steve Totaro" <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> writes:
>
>  > I will probably continue this train of thought (1.2.X is more
>  > production ready) until these threads stop popping up on the list.
>

> I think you're being too kind to 1.2.x. It has numerous problems, most
>  especially with locking in chan_sip. 1.4.x is a HUGE improvement.

Who uses chan_sip? Long live IAX!  :)

But seriously, several of my clients use SIP exclusively, passing tens
of thousand of calls a day on Asterisk 1.2.X with no issues. I have
noticed that the load is slightly lower for SIP-only in 1.4, but I
have not noticed any stability issues revolving around SIP on 1.2.X.

MATT---