[asterisk-users] Newbie Queue: Simple Queue Problem

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Tue Mar 18 06:24:45 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 06:20:02PM +1100, Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
> I am trying to build a simple queue for the receptionist phone.
> In other words, there is only 1 agent and that is the receptionist
> phone.
>
> However, when I call from an outside line to another extension which I
> then forward to 4000, I cannot get into the queue.
> exten => 98786983,1,Answer()
> exten => 98786983,n,Dial(SIP/4000,20)
> exten => 98786983,n,HangUp()

SIP devices defined in sip.conf do not magically become extensions in
extensions.conf by virtue of them being there. i.e, a dialplan
(extensions.conf) entry of "4000" bears no relation to the SIP device
[4000]". You just happen to have called them the same thing.

Therefore, your:

exten => 98786983,n,Dial(SIP/4000,20)

Is routing to the SIP device 4000 rather than the queue 'console'.

So you either need to go a Goto(context,4000,1) or to drop it to the queue
with Queue(console) etc.

R.

--
Robert Lister     - London Internet Exchange - http://www.linx.net/