[asterisk-users] Newbie Queue: Simple Queue Problem

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Tue Mar 18 02:20:02 CDT 2008

I am trying to build a simple queue for the receptionist phone.
In other words, there is only 1 agent and that is the receptionist
phone.

I just defined a few lines in queues.conf
[console]
strategy = ringall
member => SIP/4000          ;4000 is the console extension

In extensions.conf, it is:
exten => 4000,1,Answer()
exten => 4000,n,Queue(console)
exten => 4000,n,HangUp()

I pressed DND on 4000 and then call from another SIP phone (say 4001).
As expected, I saw 1 caller in the queue by "queue show" and that is
great.
exten => 4001,1,SetMusicOnHold()
exten => 4001,n,Dial(SIP/4001,20)
exten => 4001,n,VoiceMail,4001
exten => 4001,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => 4001,n,Wait(2)
exten => 4001,n,HangUp()

However, when I call from an outside line to another extension which I
then forward to 4000, I cannot get into the queue.
exten => 98786983,1,Answer()
exten => 98786983,n,Dial(SIP/4000,20)
exten => 98786983,n,HangUp()

Any thoughts?