[asterisk-users] Weird NAT issue ...

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 09:19:18 CDT 2008

If the two phones attempt to refer to each other using their external
(NAT) IP addresses rather that their internal addresses, then it will
all go horribly wrong. You do not provide enough information about
asterisk IP addresses or firewalls for a possible solution, but
assuming you are using SIP and asterisk, you could try
"canreinvite=no" against the 2 phones to see if keeping the Asterisk
server in-the-loop helps.

Also look on the VoIP wiki for "externip" and "localnet" in the
sip.conf configuration.

Regards,
Steve