[asterisk-users] The switch statement in extensions.conf

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:47:50 CDT 2008

Hi all,
i need to know how to use the switch statement in extensions.conf to throw
calls on a secondary asterisk server. I have been trying all day to be able
to make it work but its not working. It displays the following error:

pbx_find_extension: No such switch 'master:secret at 192.168.0.7'

I have read the help material on voip-info for connecting 2 asterisk servers
and followed the steps given there but no use.

Can anyone help me with this? Also need to know what the switch statement
does internally. i mean does the server which switches the call to another
server keeps any record of the call or it just transfers the call and
then all of the responsibility of the call is handled on the other server?

--
Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham