[asterisk-users] Telemarketer Torture....

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Mar 16 10:41:03 CDT 2008

James Finstrom wrote:

> Anyone have the telemarketer torture prompts? I would seriously like
> to revive this.....
>
> - --

I wrote one a while back that uses Cepstral TTS, but the mechanics are simple.

When a telemarketer calls, I say "hmmm, that sounds pretty good, can you hold
for a sec?"

Telemarketer gets transferred to a context that plays a cepstral voice saying
"You have just been added to our Do not call list.  Please add us to yours.
Further attempts to contact us from your number are being recorded".  Then adds
the CID to a SQLite database and simply hangs up.

The number is stored in a database at that point and if they call again they get
Ceptral William saying "Sorry, you have been added to our do not call database.
    "You have been asked previously to place us on your do not call list.  Each
attempt to contact us by your number are being recorded and may be used in legal
proceedings."  Hang up.

I've only had a couple actually call back.  One called back about 6 times and my
guess was that he was showing co-workers/managers the implementation we put in
place or just got a kick out of it.  I just shot off a letter to my Attorney
General's office with the log and never heard from them again.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."