[asterisk-users] Callerid Error- Causing All Zap Channels Busy

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Mar 14 19:37:37 CDT 2008

John Meksavan wrote:
> Asterisk Users,
>
>   I am running Asterisk-1.4.11 on a Debian "Etch" system.  On an
> occasion, when customer calls into my Asterisk Box, I get this error
> messagefrom Asterisk "CallerID returned with error on channel Zap/3-1" ,
> causing all my zap channels to be busy.  So, I cannot make any calls in,
> nor out.  I am located in the United States.
>
>   Is there any other suggestions, besides adding "busydetect= yes" and
> "busycount=8"?  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance.  Here is what my zapata.conf looks like:

I had a big problem as a similar situation.  Polycom phones would wig out if
caller id info came in wrong or there was an error (which looking at a few CLI's
with analog zap, happens fairly often).  The polycoms would ring, but would not
pick up the call in this case. Not if you picked up the handset and not if you
hit the Answer soft key either.  Took me about a month to track it down and
finally was able to reproduce by performing an originate AMI command on local
channel without setting caller ID.

Anyway, I finally just added a conditional to the entry point of my dialplan
(after property answer(), Wait(), etc) that looked at the caller id and if they
were blank, I set to something like 555-555-555/UNKNOWN and the problem went away.

In this case, sometimes the zap channels would get hung up as well and required
a restart now.

HIH

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."