[asterisk-users] Dialing patterns and "GSM" format numbers

Adrian Merwood adrian at adrian-merwood.net
Fri Mar 14 02:29:33 CDT 2008

H,

Just a quick question that has been bugging me for a while.....

Most of my address book phone numbers are stored in the format:

i.e. +XXXXXXXXXXXX

In my asterisk (Trixbox) server I would like to be able to dial
numbers from my address book using HUD or the SIP client on my 3G
phone using numbers in this format.

On asterisk I would like to strip of the + and replace it with an
international dialing prefix.
Secondly (in the future) I would like to strip off certain country
codes and replace them with a local dialing prefix.

Can anyone help me figure ths out?

Thanks,

Adrian