[asterisk-users] Mail Server

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Thu Mar 13 17:13:55 CDT 2008

Through help from people on the lists and then further investigation based on those results, here is what I did.

1)  I set the office to a statically assigned IP instead of from the pool.
2)  I made an A entry on one of my domains aiur.ics-il.net (where aiur is the machine name).
3)  I added aiur.ics-il.net directly after 127.0.0.1 in the /etc/hosts file (copied below).
4)  I set the from email address (serveremail) in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf to something at the domain I created (voicemail at aiur.ics-il.net).
5)  Presto!

[root at Aiur ~]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       aiur.ics-il.net Aiur    localhost.localdomain   localhost
::1     localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com