[asterisk-users] Hardware Platform

Goran Donev gorand at dvvti.com
Thu Mar 13 16:09:38 CDT 2008

We are in the process of building out www.dialaway4free.com, a free world
wide calling service. I am writing RFQ's for hardware, since we are going to
use asterisk as our call processor. I was wondering what is the best server
platform to use that will support digium cards and handle sip termination
for both clients and service providers. Also should I go with the open
source of asterisk as compared to Asterisk for Business. Please let me know.
I want this system to be stable as we will do a lot of proprietary
programming for it to switch to the advertising component so I want to know
what people think to handle the a call volume of at least 100,000 calls an
hour.
Some of my choices:
Dell
Gateway
Gigabyte
Ausus
Please advise what type of processors and how much memory and hard drives,
there will be no voicemail initially maybe it will be offered at a later
time.

Thanks

Visit www.dialaway4free.com and register for a free account and be ready for
our September 1st 2008 launch. Worldwide calling to and from any country!