[asterisk-users] Application registration on Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6?

jonas boering jboergol at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 13 13:19:31 CDT 2008

Hi, I have implemented a custom application module based in some esqueletone  code I will provide below. I have tested it with asterisk 1.2.23 and it works fine. But when I tested the same application with a newest version of asterisk like 1.4.* it always returns an error trying to load the module or more specific, trying to  register the application.

here is the code:

int load_module(void){
    int res;
    res = ast_register_application(app, example_exec, synopsis, descrip);
    return res;
}
int reload(void){
    return load_module();
}
int unload_module(void){
    //STANDARD_HANGUP_LOCALUSERS;
    return ast_unregister_application(app);
}
char *description(void){
    return tdesc;
}
int usecount(void){
    int res;
    //STANDARD_USECOUNT(res);
    return res;
}
char *key(){
    return ASTERISK_GPL_KEY;
}

Have the registration way that the applications are registered in arterisk 1.2.* changed to much from version 1.4.* and 1.6.*?

Best Regards.

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa. www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar